Book Covers Puzzle 1000 PCS
|Item Number:||POM AA1043|
Edward Gorey (American, 1925–2000) Illustrations from 22 book covers Before his now iconic books drew critical acclaim and a dedicated following, Edward Gorey designed book covers in the crowded single room of Doubleday Anchor’s art department. Not yet 30 and recently graduated from Harvard, Gorey initially illustrated paperback covers and dust jackets for the likes of Joseph Conrad, Henry James, and Charles Dickens, establishing a pen-and-ink hand-lettered style that would challenge prevailing American publishing standards and help define his publishers’ visual identities. Today, Gorey’s prodigious output of hundreds of dust jackets and paperback covers evidences his distinctive flair for design and his extraordinary ability to portray the essence of the books that came his way. Enjoy Gorey’s graphic designs and revisit/discover some great literary feats while putting together this 1,000-piece puzzle.
• Gather with family and friends for puzzle-piecing together!
• Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte art paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
Box size: 10 x 13 x 1.875 in.
Puzzle size: 20 x 27 in.